Originally Posted:
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
4:44:00 PM CDT
Feeling Happy
Hearing U2's Rattle and Hum CD....classic and perfect!
My word, I've lost track of time again. It's been ages since I've written anything. For that, I offer a sincere apology to my devoted followers. I have let you down. However, I think the tattoo of me as a vintage bomber girl should make it up to you!!!
Since I have to back track with the happenings in Slowvannah, I'll start with the most recent and try to cover it all (actually "it" isn't much. Things really are Slow in Slowvannah. There's a reason for the city's nickname.)
My friends/housemates Kat and Don invited me to join them for a pre-birthday celebration at Hooter's on Saturday night. In Singapore Kat and Don spent much of their courtship dining at Hooter's and they hadn't been to one here yet so they thought it would be fun to go. A small group of us went--- five girls and Don. Hmmm...I think Kat might have planned it like that on purpose. That way Don would be good and the five girls would protect him from the Hooter's Girls. That's not really what happened, but it gives me story to tell people when they see the picture of the six of us sitting at Hooter's. We had fun, ate every type of wing on the menu, then went to Coldstone Creamery for ice cream where we chilled out on the patio in the evenings 90 degree temperature. That was part one of the big knockers story. Now on to part two...
You're dying to know what the hell I'm doing as a WWII era bomber girl tattoo, aren't you? Noooooo, I'm not getting a tat. As good as it looks, no fresh ink for this girlie. The real story behind the drawing is that a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless because I don't know how much notieriaty he wants for drawing ME on a bomber girl tattoo, draws tattoos on commission. Well, he was talking about working on one for a friend and I said something like, "Ouuuu. Make me one! I want to redo my website with a hand drawn look and a tattoo would be perfect." He responded with an okay, and that he would have to figure out what kind of tattoo I am. He decided that I'm not tribal, ethnic or anything along those lines but the "American Style" was the way to go. Of course I didn't know what that meant, so he explained, and I then told him, in jest, to put big knockers on her like the kind when a sailor gets a tattoo on his forearm he can make the girl dance by flexing his muscles. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I put my trust in his pencil. The next day I got an email with seven sketches, and clearly the Bomber Girl stood out (pun intended!!!). I love it! It's freaking hilarious!!! It's a keeper. I maybe rethinking the whole not-getting-a-tattoo thing.
This entry has 1 comments:
#1 Comment from
8/8/07 1:48 PM
Okay, the birthday party looked like a lot of fun, and I love the drawing....but you are so NOT getting a tatoo.So says your Big Sister




No comments:
Post a Comment