Thursday, September 25, 2008

Caffeine Hangover

Originally Posted:
Saturday, May 19, 2007

9:03:00 PM CDT

Feeling Hopeful


Oi. My head was-a-aching yesterday (Friday). The caffeine induced burst of energy that kept me going on Wednesday night/Thursday left me with a whopper of a headache when I woke up on Friday. Jeez-o-Pete, how do coffee drinkers do it? I spent most of the day in a hazy stupor of residual after effects and finally kicked out of it in late afternoon. I needed a break from homework so I headed to the mall for this first time this quarter for a couple hours of retail therapy. However, I never made it to the mall as the "Savannah Scrapbooking" sign caught my eye on the way so I detoured. I haven't scrapbooked since I left Bowling Green which is a bummer because I was making good progress on an album. So, as luck would have it, the scrapbook store was having a crop that night and they had a cancellation so I jumped right in and grabbed that seat. I ran home to get my stuff and zipped back to the store to get to cropping. The ladies I sat with were an absolute laugh riot. All three were military wives and were working on scrapbooking the images their husbands who are all currently in Iraq were emailing them. Two of the women were beginners and they were a hoot. The one lady had bought just about everything under the sun to scrapbook with, but had never actually put even one page together and the other lady just kept cursing because her husband's "grog" pictures were gross and she didn't want to do a page of them, but the album is for him so she knew it was important. (Apparently "grog" is sort of rite of passage thing where the soldiers eat intestines and do other disgusting things that would be considered hazing if you were in a fraternity but since it's the military and "sort of" optional to go through, it's not considered cruel and unusual punishment or hazing.) I was so glad I went last night. I needed a complete break from school and a full evening out of the hovel.


The house meeting on Monday night didn't quite go as planned. We, the majority of the house who are tired of Gabby's loud/rudeness, had planned on asking her as a group to be more considerate and quite it down. However, she and Tarin didn't show up at the meeting. Rather than let it drop, one of the housemates called our landlord and asked him to come over to our meeting. Since he lives a block over, it was easy for him to pop in and hear us out. He agreed that we tried to solve the problem as adults and give the two noise makers a chance, but since they chose not to attend the meeting, then he would make the next step and write letters to them addressing the issues and advising them of the consequences for continuing the behavior. That was Monday.


It's now Saturday and he has yet to write them letters. How do I know this? The first tip off was the party in Gabby's room last night. I assumed that either, 1. the landlord had not contacted her yet; or, 2. she was being defiant and doing what she wanted to do and didn't care what happened. The second tip off was that I spoke to my landlord tonight and he said he had not contacted her yet. So, so much for that.


My living situation will be changing at the end of May. Way back, like eight weeks ago, when I first moved in to The Hovel Kelly and I painted it and made it homey and I didn't plan on moving to the other house that I was originally supposed to be in because I was going to make this work. And, so far it has worked for me. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. What about the fleas? Roaches? 90 sq feet? Roast/freeze/roast/freeze climate control of the HVAC? I've somehow managed to put all those things in the back of my mind and let them go. However, it's the nightly jam fest that happens next door that is making my blood boil. Again, as of this afternoon when I got the message from my landlord that the large room in the quite house one block up that he owns that I was originally supposed to move into will be available at the end of this month I had convinced myself that I can make this work. Gabby will be leaving for SCAD's Lacoste, France campus for summer classes on June 21 so that meant that I would be neighborless for the summer. Sweet! That was music to my ears. Then the band stopped playing and the needle was raked across the record with an annoying screech. Courtney, nice girl who lives on the first floor, came up to my room looking for an iron this evening and told me that one of Gabby's friends will be moving into the vacant room on the other side of me. Whoa, Nelly. That did it. Those were the magic words that were the sign saying "MOVE" to me. I get rid of Gabby but in return her just as annoying friend moves in. Super dooper. With that news, I called Ray and said that I would take the other room next to my friends Kat and Don. I don't look forward to moving, but I am very much looking forward to a better living situation.

That's the latest. Two more weeks of school then I'm off to Florida, Chicago (Neocon) and Evansville for two weeks of sun and fun.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails