Friday, September 26, 2008

Hooligans

Originally Posted:
Thursday, July 31, 2008

6:10:00 PM CDT

Hearing John Mayer's Dreaming With a Broken Heart


How large is Seattle? Something like 5 million people in the metropolitan area, right? With so many people there has to be interesting stuff to report in the newspaper every day, wouldn't you think? Then why, I ask you, did the Seattle Times run this as their main headline of the day on Wednesday?



Hooligans? Seriously? They used the word hooligans! In the headline no less! Somebody's creative writing class is paying off. I guess I should be appreciative that Seattle is a place where a "gang of bicycle riding hooligans" blocking car traffic downtown is the worst that is reported. I've seen this "gang" myself. They are a group of bike riding enthusiasts just trying to make a statement that biking is good for people and the environment. Damn hooligans.


I'd bet money, marbles or chalk that the words ruffian, scoundrel, scalawag and rapscallion are regular descriptors in the Seattle Times :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails