Thursday, September 25, 2008

I found Peace at Panera

Originally Posted:
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
5:53:00 PM CST
Feeling Quiet
Hearing King of the Hill

It's the Day After Christmas (I capitalized "Day" and "After" because I am pretty sure Dec. 26 has turned into an official holiday. Sure, today is Boxing Day, but what kind of holiday is that, I ask you? Who shops for Boxing Day? That's why I'm sure the Day After Christmas is a real holiday--- There's way too many people out shopping for Dec. 26 not to be a holiday. If the Day After Thanksgiving [Again, note the use of capital letters...it, too, is a holiday in my view.] is nick named Black Friday, the the Day After Christmas should be called something like 50% Off Day, P.G.C.G. Day [Plastic, Gift Card & Greenbacks Day], Shopping Just For Me Day, Stocking Up for Next Christmas Day or simply National Shopping Day.)

So, yeah, I went shopping today. I had my Ziplock bag full of coupons and ads and the frame of mind to search for bargins. The thrill of the hunt is part of the fun. My first stop was Macy's. I was armed with two $10 off a $25 or more purchase from 6 am-noon. I was on it. My eyes were peeled and my discount radar was up, but finding something to purchase was much more difficult than I ever thought it was going to be- nothing was turning my crank. I ended up with an 50% off apple green frying pan and a 50% off Cuisinart knife. Seriously, I bought a frying pan and a knife. I could tell this day was going to be a challenge. After that, I ran to a few other places before deciding to go to Panera for lunch and free WiFi. Panera was packed, of course, but I found an empty comfy chair tucked away in a corner and made myself at home with my bowl of soup and my laptop. After a week of holiday-prep and tense moments, I had finally found peace...at Panera. I lost myself in the warm background chatter and enjoyed the company of myself.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails