Thursday, September 25, 2008

"I know you are mentally challenged," said my professor...

Originally Posted:
Wednesday, June 27, 2007

7:36:00 AM CDT
Feeling Silly
Hearing the floor crick as people walk at the place where I am interning

I know, I know, I know....I've got some catching up to do on my journal. But between taking three classes and working at an internship three days a weeks, time is not on my side right now. I'll get to it shortly.

Anyway--- I couldn't pass sharing this little tidbit up. Yesterday when my Studio II project team met with our professor and tried to explain to him how difficult the design competition was that he assigned us was, he responded in his most broken English, "I know you are mentally challenged." Now, what he MEANT to say was, "I know this project is mentally challenging to you," but instead it came out that he was calling us retards!!!




I'm not sure of the nationality of Prof. Adityavarman. He looks like a cross between Gomez Addams and somebody that I've got pictured in my mind but can't put my finger on his name. He's a very kind, soft spoken man that gives very inspiring talks by relying on lots of hand gestures and chopped up sentences. He likes to say things like, "Um, er, er, er, we need to, um, um, (waving hand movement), learn, um um (back and forth hand gesture) how to dance." (He was talking about working as partners).

Anyway- thought you'd get a kick out of the mentally challenged comment.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails