Originally Posted:
Monday, September 17 5:15 pm
Location: Panera
Mood: My belly is full; I'm happy ;-)
I've spent my afternoon at Panera blissfully working and enjoying the music, hot tea, and chicken noodle soup in my little corner of the restaurant. I was on my way to school to baracade myself in my office to to work on my SCAD online class homework, but I wanted some chicken noodle soup to take with me. Then it hit me, Panera has wireless! I can have a working lunch with myself. Well, what was a "lunch" has turned into an extended afternoon of camping out in a booth with my laptop, books, papers, cell phone, and tea. I think this may become a regular Monday thing to do. I can work in peace, not have to deal with the comotion of the computer lab in Mass Media and I get to smell the wafting scents of delish goodness coming from the bakers. Oh yeah, it's a winner!
I posted the pictures of Saturday's events but this is the first time I've had a chance to catch up in writing. I stayed in Bowling Green this weekend so hold an NCIDQ study group for a few alumni and their coworkers. I was glad to do it, but due to my jam-packed schedule of late, I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked to have been. I really want this group of former students to do well and pass as much, if not the whole exam, as they can on the first try. The only problem with holding the study group this weekend was that it just happened to be the day of the WKU vs. EKU football game. So, while the eight test-takers were inside prepping for the exam, the rest of campus was tailgating and whooping it up outside. The weather was absolutely perfect (sunny and 69 degrees...PERFECTION!) and we were stuck inside with canons going off everytime WKU scored a touchdown. If they could make it through taking the practice exam with those distractions, then I have no doubt that the actual exam will be a breeze. I was great seeing Courtney, Jen and Joanna. Although I keep in regular contact with them and as many other graduates as I possibly can via email, it's still better to catch up face to face. According to Courtney's boyfriend, Cory, I must warp their minds when they are in school because I have a loyal following of Pace fans out there. I took that as a compliment at the time, but on second thought...
We're okay...
-
I've failed to post since Christmas. Maybe I'll get around to posting that
yummy dessert recipe here soon...I'm sorry.
I just wanted to let what I'm sur...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment