Originally Posted:
Monday, June 18, 2007
4:03:00 PM CDT
Feeling Happy
Hearing Talk Soup
Our Florida Vacay...or as I like to call it "the week the universe inversed and my Mom and I got sun poisoning while my sister turned a nice shade of brown." You have to understand--- My entire life I've been able to get a deep dark tan without much effort. I may get a little pink with too much sun exposure but by the next day I'll have a nice tan. Mom my can walk out the door in summer and turn the color of a ripe kiwi's skin. My sister, on the other hand, usually burns in an instant, gets sun poisoning, and is lucky to reach a light bownish color. For some reason this time, I got absolutely scorched within the first hour of being out in the sun on Tuesday. Aside from the fact that my body was radiating enough heat to roast a marshmallow from 3' away, the worst part of it was the raft pattern left on the back of my legs. I completely stayed inside on Wednesday then thought I could cake myself in sunscreen, and wear a t-shirt, hat and sunglasses to get some rays on the back of my legs to even the scorching out. Well, let me tell you, that totally backfired! I floated on my raft for a short little while before flipping over to get my backside. Apparently the sunscreen rubbed off on my raft and left the parts of my legs which were touching the raft unprotected. Soooo, I ended up with burnt blotches in a raft pattern on the only thing that wasn't covered with a t-shirt, hat, or sunscreen- the back of my calves. I couldn't help but laugh. Seriously, could anything else go wrong? I gave up on getting a tan at this point. Enough humiliation and pain for one week.
The weird thing was that Mom got roasted too and my sister had no problem what-so-ever. Crazy, huh?
A really funny thing happened at dinner one night. While dining at Captain Anderson's I asked our waitress, Joon, if I could have a twice baked potato with my salmon. She paused for a moment then said, "Sure." My sister order her steak with a twice baked potato and again, Joon said, "Sure." Not wanting to deviate from the pattern, Mom ordered her surf and turf with a twice baked potato. Once more, Joon responded with, "Sure." Come serving time Joon brought out a tray full of entrees and potatoes and started loading our table with two spuds per person. We all glanced at each other with looks of curiosity and smirks. I said to Joon, "I think this is wrong. I ordered a twice baked potato." Without missing a beat, Joon replied, "Yea. Twice baked potato." while using her index finger and middle finger in the form of a two or peace sign pointing back and forth between my two potatoes. "Twice baked potato." So, there we sat with six potatoes (Or, three twice baked potatoes according to Joon.).
No comments:
Post a Comment