Thursday, September 25, 2008

This is a quirky city

Originally Posted:
Saturday, April 14, 2007
10:45:00 PM CDT
Feeling Happy
Hearing The news...Storms are on their way


I've found my stride in working on homework. Finally! I was struggling to get organizing and motivated the first couple weeks of school. Between getting settled in, dealing with house mates, being with out Internet at home, getting a new computer with a crazy operating system, keeping up with the happenings at WKU, and just adjusting to being a student again had me running in circles and getting nothing done.





On my way into Eichberg Hall today, I passed two blocks worth of double parked cars taking up the entire on-coming traffic lane of a heavily traveled street. I don't know if a wedding or a funeral was taking place at the church I passed, but everybody was dressed in black and white. I'm starting to grow accustom to these weird little quirks about Savannah. I don't like them, but I'm a least prepared to see stuff like this at anytime. This little city is so misunderstood by people on the outside. Most people have a romantic version of Savannah--- Spanish Moss dripping from the trees, flowers, Southern hospitality, cobblestone roads, picturesque town squares with pretty fountains, and, of course, the highly overrated Paula Dean. No, no, no. That's not really Savannah. If you spend more than a week here, you will quickly find out that the crime rate here is three times the national average, you can't go in the town squares at night because you're just asking to get mugged, the heat and humidity would wilt any Southern Belle, Savannah is supposedly one of the nations most haunted cities, and that the people of Savannah are, to be polite, a little different. If anything, Savannah is seeped in quirkiness.

Did you all hear that Don Ho passed away today? As I was happily making bubbles for my bubble diagrams at school today I kept singing "Tiny Bubbles." I guess I was paying homage to him in my own little way without even knowing it. I hope it was not my singing that killed him ;-)

Now on to my blocking diagrams...more work to do tonight...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails