Friday, September 26, 2008

Today's craft project

Originally Posted:
Thursday, September 18, 2008

5:35:00 PM CDT
Feeling Mellow
Hearing The weather report. Today: hot. Tomorrow: hot. The next day: hot.


Yes, I'm alive. I just took a short break from blogging. I'll do my catching up soon; right now I'm just posting my craft project of the day.




My mom is a BIG fan of Dancing With the Stars. BIG BIG fan. Loves it. I like the show and I try to watch it when I'm home, but I'm not quite the Dancing Queen that she is. It turns out that Mom's best friend Betty's son Mark is also a big big fan of the show and frequently spends his Monday evening texting back and forth with my sister about the dances as they air. It's quite a coordinated effort of watching TV these three (Mom, Kelly and Mark) have on Monday nights. As a joke Mom and Kelly thought it would be funny to send Mark his own set of score paddles so he can play DTWS the Home Game and pretend to be Bruno. This is where I come in...I got to make the paddles. They turned out a little more professional than joke looking. The fronts have numbers (Mom told me to do 6-10 because no one should get a score lower than 6 unless they really stunk) and the backs have sayings just to add to the DWTS fever. I was going to glitter them up, but glitter gets everywhere and would take the fun out of using them. Mom gets to finish them up when I send them to her at home. Ya see, we couldn't find tongue depressors to use for handles but genius struck as my Mom was eating a banana pop one day. Yep, you guessed it...she's been eating banana pops right and left to save all the popsicle sticks from the frozen treats. Now, we could have went to the craft store and bought a pack of popsicle sticks, but we only need five and a whole pack would be overkill. So, it turns out that the paddles will have the "joke" element to them after all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails