Thursday, September 25, 2008

When good things happen to bad drawings

Originally Posted:
Saturday, August 18, 2007

2:17:00 PM CDT



Lucy, you've got some 'splaining to do!!!



From 2007-08-18 Good Things Happen to Bad Drawings


From 2007-08-18 Good Things Happen to Bad Drawings


From 2007-08-18 Good Things Happen to Bad Drawings


I like to call this drawing, "How I flunked out of graduate school." It's actually someone else's floorplan that, to me, looked like a frog. I saw it come out of the community plotter one day and after if layed on the pick up table for a week, Ghazal and I leaped (ha ha) at the opprotunity to render it as it should be. Working in the lab late one night the building lost power and internet service and we couldn't do anything until the lights/computers came back on. So, we did the only thing we could with emergency lighting...we colored. I hung it in our studio and our professor loved it. We thought the floorplan right next to the frog looked like a crab, so that was next on our list to color given enough time in the power outtage. Obviously the lights came back on because the crab never got done. Maybe one day when I need some coloring therapy, I'll get out my pencils.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails