Hooray! I've found a new hangout in Savannah. Well, okay, hangout may not be the right word, and I probably shouldn't hang out there because of the temptations, but none the less, it's a good place to go for a cup of hot chocolate and free wi fi so I can work outside of my apartement or school when I need a change of scenery and don't want to fight for parking at Panera. Let's call it that...a change of scenery. A change of scenery that smells delicious and has many temping confections.
Back to Back in the Day...it's a delightful, comfortable place to take a break (or start your day). The furnishings are shabby chic and there's an overwhelming vintage flair to everything including the baked goods. These are classic cupcakes. No new fangled ink printed images on icing. No supermarket cake cartoon characters. No, none of that fancy stuff. These cupcakes are just plain, old fashioned, declicious mini-cakes topped with a mound of frosting and maybe some sprinkles. One of my favorite things about the place is the signage. The owner handcrafts tags using vintage images decoupaged together. The signs sell the cupcakes better than the baked goods sell themselves. (As you can see, the church approves of this cupcake so there must be no guilt in eatting it! Wink wink) (http://www.backinthedaybakery.com/)
No comments:
Post a Comment