Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ode to Sua


I've been out of Savannah for a full eleven days now and the one thing I miss the most is my roommate's cat, Sua. Sure, my roommate was a good guy and roommate, but it was Sua who I played fetch with and who kept me company when I was the only person home.


If my door was closed and he knew I was awake he would sick his little arm under the door and flick his paw like a little begger asking for someone to play with him. If my door was closed but not latched he would paw it a few times to open in and then come right in to inspect and say hello with a cheerful "murrrrr?" (it was definatley more of a murrr than a meow and I'm sure it ended with a "what's going on?" question mark). In the still of the day when there was no activity, either with just me or both me and my roommate at home, he would get a burst of energy and run from one end of the apartment to the other and back with a grande finale of bounding three-fourths of the way up my door frame and sliding down like he was a fireman heading to a five alarm blaze and the fastest way to the truck is down the pole. At the end of the door jamb ride he would look over at me with a wild look in his eyes and his ears folded back, I would yell BOO! at him then he would run off in a craze and make a few more laps around the apartment before stopping. Yes, those were good times.




Oops...I almost forgot our favorite game, "Where's the kitty?" He never really mastered the art of hiding himself very well, but he tried.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails