The diet we are on features a book of original recipes by the diet lady we go to. The recipes are easy to make and taste fantastic, but they involve a variety of extracts in place of the real deal ingredients (ie: butter, chocolate...). For five weeks we've been picking up tiny bottles of extract as needed when we go to the grocery for about $3.50-$4.50 a bottle. Mind you, a normal family would probably not need two of these tiny bottles of banana extract per week, so the size is just right for them and the price is okay since it's not a regular purchase. For us, those tiny little bottles are adding up and it's very frustrating to constantly be in need of X flavor because we just used the last drop. So I've been on a mission to find a less expensive, bigger bottled option. Online shopping is one option, but I also found a local alternative that offers big bottles for WAAAAY less than the grocery store prices, I can pick them up as needed, and we'll be supporting a hometown mom and pop store. The cruel irony? It's a cake supply store. Yes, that's right, to get the less expensive giant bottles of diet recipe flavorings, I have look the heart of temptation in the eye (or in this case the pink swirly frosted top of a cupcake) and just say no. If ever there has been a case of facing your demons, this is it.
No comments:
Post a Comment