Friday, September 26, 2008

Dorthy or Dorth-he?

Originally Posted:
Saturday, September 20, 2008
8:07:00 PM CDT
Hearing Run Runaway by Slade....an 80's flashback




While shopping in Target today I went down the Halloween aisle to see what kind of cool things they had for the holiday to get some ideas for decorations. My friend Ghazal's birthday is Oct. 31 and her sister Goli, friend Bharthai, roommate Merline and I are going to have either a "Deathly Dinner Party" or a "Spooky Soiree" for her and a bunch of friends at their apartment.
Anyway...I was checking out the costumes when this one jumped out at me.




It's a Dorthy outfit from the Wizard of Oz. It wasn't the outfit that jumped at me, it was the label. For a second I swore that was a dude in drag in the picture which I found to be completely hilarious because of the whole "Are you a friend of Dorthy's"/gay male's attraction to Judy Garland as Dorthy thing. I guess the costume marketer is going straight to heart of the people who are buying it. Cut out the middle man...or woman in this case.




Seriously....look at that picture. That is one tall, broad chick. I'm not poking fun of the Dorthy costume wearers out there. I'm just making an observation about the disproportionate size of the model compared to the background and how she looks like a guy because of it.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails