Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Fall Festival

Originally Posted:

Saturday, October 14, 2006

6:45:00 PM CDT

Feeling Chillin'

Hearing Recording of this week's CSI...I missed it Thurs night






Ahhh...it's fall...that means crisp air, colorful leaves and the Fall Festival. My mom, being the newspaper tidbit reading queen that she is, said that since Hurricane Katrina whomped New Orleans and put their Mardi Gras on the back burner, that the Westside Nut Club's Fall Festival is now the largest street festival in the United States (we've been running second in attendance numbers to Mardi Gras this whole time). Rather than going to Washington, D.C. as originally planned, I went home and spent time at The Fest. The weather was beautiful everyday so that meant the Fest was absolutley jam packed with people from lunch until late night. I was still wearing my walking boot and going up and down the street wasn't too much fun, but I had to get my favorite fair fare. A torn ligament wasn't going to come between me and a pronto pup. As you can see from the photos, not much came between me and any type of food in sight! (except for a brain sandwich...that's never going to happen!)


I'm trying to get into a pattern of staying in Bowling Green atleast every other weekend so I can get ahead on school stuff or grade projects when needed so I'll have my weekends in Evansville free to do whatever I want without the guilt of having school prep hanging over my head which is a complete drag to have every weekend. All work and no play makes me a very, very grouchy girl. It seems to be working. This semester is going really well. The students I have are great and know they are expected to work hard. Time is flying by and I'm actually enjoying myself again so I'm hoping this momentum will carry over to the spring semester (I don't want to jinx myself).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails