Thursday, September 25, 2008

From Savannah to Nashville to Florida to Nashville to Chicago to Bowling Green to Evansville to ...

Originally Posted:
Tuesday, June 19, 2007

7:43:00 AM CDT

Feeling Happy

Hearing Etta James


Once again, I've gotten my journal entries out of order. Sorry. I post them as I think about them and my mind doesn't always work in chronological order.

To recap...here's what my two week break consisted of:



Saturday June 2: Drive from Savannah to Jacksonville, FL to catch a flight to Nashville







Saturday June 2: Meet Courtney for dinner in Nashville while waiting for Kelly and Mom to meet me later in the evening to drive with them to Sea Grove, Florida. Due to all my all nighters as of late, I was conditioned to stay up late while driving, so we kept going until about 2 am before stopping at a hotel to sleep.




Sunday June 3: Finish the drive to Florida. I was exhausted and passed out in the back seat when Kelly let Mom drive. She gave her the explicit directions of go straight on 331. Mom focused on the "go straight" part and we ended up in Andalusia, FL about an hour off the beaten path. We stopped at a diner to get directions and decided to grab a bite while there. Apparently "gravy fries" are a delicacy in Andalusia because the large family next to use ordered a plate for everyone and made a meal out of French fries covered in brown gravy. DISGUSTING!!! There is waaaay to much inbreeding in Andulusia. I swear a banjo was playing in the background.

Monday June 4: Very overcast day in the pan handle. We went shopping.

Tuesday June 5: Burn in the sun day.

Wednesday June 6: Stay out of the sun day.

Thursday June 7: Raft pattern burn day

Friday June 8: Stay out of the sun day

Saturday June 9: I can't remember!

Sunday June 10: Drive back to Nashville where Mom and Kelly dropped me off to spend the night so I can get up the next morning and head to Chicago

Monday June 11: Head to Chicago for Neocon. 7-10 airport and flight time, 10-12 get to the hotel and freshen up, 1-5 Neocon, 5-10 Gino's and Navy Pier

Tuesday June 12: Fun time in Chicago- 9 am- 11 pm we were all over the place

Wednesday June 13: Neocon 10 am-4 pm, back to Nashville 4-8 pm, drive to Bowling Green and catch a few hours of sleep

Thursday June 14: Appointment in Bowling Green 9-10 am, drive to Evansville

Friday June 15: New landscaping for us in Evansville!

Saturday June 16: Last day in Evansville

Sunday June 17: 8 am hit the road to Nashville to catch my flight back to Jacksonville to then drive back to Savannah

Believe it or not--- my break was excellent. The hustle and bustle of the two weeks pretty well wiped out all my memories of my spring quarter and refreshed me for the summer quarter. I like busy vacations. Of course, I like do nothing vacations too. I got the best of both worlds in my two weeks off. Florida was do nothing time and the following week was pure go-go-go.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails