Originally Posted:
Friday, April 11, 2008
1:38:00 PM CDT Feeling Happy
So far I've learned two things about living with Elan.
1. Never get excited when UPS brings a delivery. What's in the box is probably NOT going to be of interest to me.
2. Stand back when he opens the box(es) because you don't know what's going to pop out.
Mind you, I knew going into this living situation that things would not be like living with Ward Cleaver. Elan is a sculptor and our apartment is like a cross between Madame Trousseau’s Wax Museum work room and a place to call home. Right now the living room is dedicated to his current commission; sculpting four life-size wolf busts. I've gotten used to them, although they are still in the formative stages and while they are large and have the form of a wolf, they are not to the realistic/scary point yet. That's where yesterday's parcel comes in. In one of the two boxes he received was a full wolf hide, whiskers and all. The minute he cut into the packing tape, the wolf expanded out of the box like a life raft coming to life from a deflated state. I swear, it just sort of blew up. Sua didn't care for the wolf hide at all. He started to attack the paws which then got him in trouble. So, now the wolf has to stay in the coat closet.
In the other, smaller box was something really cool--- a nine-banded armadillo skeleton. It really was quite beautiful in its up-close state. The texture markings are incredible. Just one thing about the skeleton- it's in pieces. Elan has to build it himself. Each little rib and bone has to be glued into the right place. Good luck to ya with that!! I swear, Elan squealed like a little girl while he was unpacking the armadillo pieces. Ahhh...it's the little (odd) things that make him happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment