Thursday, September 25, 2008

One Block Makes a World of Difference

Originally Posted:
Monday, June 18, 2007

3:50:00 PM CDT
Feeling Happy


6/24/07

My gosh, the last four weeks have gone my in the blink of an eye. I know the saying is "time flies when you are having fun" but in reality minutes are slippery little devils and they get away from you no matter what. When I sat down to update my blog tonight I seriously had not even realized that it's been almost four weeks since I last checked in. I've been crazy busy for the past few weeks and just taking sitting down to write has been a challenge.

My spring quarter ended on Thursday, June 1 but I found out at the last minute that I had to get signatures from everybody who's anybody at SCAD to enroll in my summer internship so Friday Morning I ran all over downtown on a scavenger hunt for all the right people. I got back to the hovel around 2 pm and started packing up to move to my new place. Did I tell you that I was moving? My landlord gave me the most excellent news that the guy who was in the room I was supposed to move into when I first got to Savannah was finally moving out and that I could move in on Friday, June 2. You don't know how excited I was about this. I loaded my car to the brim with stuff and drove up the street one block to my new digs. Glory be! The room is BIG! My friends Kat and Don, who also live in the house I was moving into, grabbed their friend who also lives in the house got in their van and we finished moving the rest of my stuff in a matter of minutes. There's something wierd about saying that me and all my worldly possessions can be moved out of one place and into another in less than two hours. I felt like I was packing up to evacuate for a hurricane at the speed Kat, Don and Joonsung had my stuff unloaded from the Hovel and into our cars. Actually, it was great because drawing it out would have been tiring and this way it was done and over with before I knew what hit me.





I spent a few hours putting my stuff in place and organizing a bit then I hit the hay because I was leaving for summer break the next morning. I wasn't even in my new place twenty-four hours before I left.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails