Originally Posted:
Sunday, April 6, 2008
3:16:00 PM CDT
Feeling Chillin'
Hearing Lord of the Rings
I've been back in Savannah for just over two weeks now and everything is going smoothly...unlike last year. Moving in was a breeze, and living in Garden City with Elan is working quite well. There was no coyote (long story...don't ask...just go with it) in the freeze when I arrived, so I knew that things were automatically going to be looking up this quarter. Even though I've only been here a short time, it seems like much longer. Kelly drove with me when I moved back and then she flew out on Easter Sunday. Rather than spend the holiday moping around the apartment by myself, I was invited to have Easter dinner with the Potluck Group which made for a great afternoon and positive start the quarter. Classes started the next week and, not to look a gift horse in the mouth, my schedule and class work load are nothing like the insanity of last year. All of my friends are still here (most are graduating this summer), so we're just picking back up from where we left off. I even have someone from Bowling Green to hang out with now too. Bethany is one of my former students (Class of 2003...My Favorite Graduating Class as they are officially known) who decided to go back to school for an MFA in Architectural History after working in Louisville since graduation. We met at Gallery Espresso last Sunday and caught up over hot chocolate for a few hours. She and her boyfriend are living in Garden City too (Don't let the name fool you...Garden City is NOT so garden-y. It's more industrial-y.). Small world!
Sorry to disappoint my loyal listeners with a lack of wacky stories, but I'd much rather have a smooth start with the goofiness to come later than start out with "The Hovel" all over again.
Keep checking back...I'm sure that I can't stay out of trouble for long ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment