Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TGIF

Originally Posted:

Friday, July 14, 2006

8:28:00 PM CDT

Feeling Quiet



It's Friday. Thank God It's Friday. It's not quite 9:30 pm here and I'm doing all I can to hold my head up and keep my eyes open. Wednesday night was another all-nighter and Thursday night I got no more than four hours of sleep. My Habitat group produced almost eighty drawings this week and the bulk of them were put on my shoulders to be drafted. The bad news is that per today's assignment, we have to make revisions, create nine perspective/elevation renderings, and prepare all of our images, text and drawings to be inserted into the publication we are producing to be submitted on Tuesday (that's four days from now). The good news is that because my group has busted our butts to get things done the right way as we've went through the rigors of the past few weeks, we're now actually ahead of everyone else and probably will not have a problem getting our contribution wrapped up by Tuesday as opposed to the rest of the class who are just now (starting today) starting to convert their rough sketches to presentation quality CAD drawings. Whoopee! Yeah us! I would smile, but that would require an ounce of energy. I'm all out.



Anyway, the weird thing...oops, let me change that...the Twilight Zoneish thing that happened today was that PITA, who graced us with his presence three hours after class started, sought me out to critique his plans and help him make them better. No one else would do. It was me or nobody. During our lunch break he had to run home to get a disc of his drawings to work on because I told him that I was going to micromanage him today and that his happy ass was going to stay with our group until he finished even if I had to chain him to a computer to make sure he didn't skip out on us like he has done the last few group meetings. Later in the day he asked me to help while he was CAD drafting. We worked together for a solid six hours before calling it a night at 8. I know my eyes were constantly shifting back and forth suspiciously with my brow furrowed because I kept waiting for us to have a knock down drag out war of words, but it never happened. I'm telling you, I was in the Twilight Zone. I had a new buddy for the day. It was a parallel universe where PITA's personality was just the opposite of what it normally is. Maybe it's a residual effect of Tuesday's full moon. Maybe he ate a lot of fiber. Maybe there was something other than coffee in his tumbler. I can't begin to guess what really caused the change of attitude, other than obvious desperation, but it was a nice surprise. I have no doubt that things will be back to normal on Monday.



Going to bed now...g'night.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails