Originally Posted:
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
11:51:00 PM CDT
Feeling Sore
This is just a random olfactory observation that hit me as I was crammed on a city bus at 5 pm trying to get the Urgent Care Clinic to have my ear looked at all the while trying not to be woozy and get nauseous...wet people smell really bad. (Badly? I never know if it should be ly or not!)
It rained here yesterday. Now, I know what you're going to say, "Duh, Tracy. You're in Seattle...it rains every day." Know what I'm going to say back to you? "Nuh uh!" Take that! This is only the second rainfall we've had since I got her in mid-June. Quite honestly, I considered getting a humidifier for my apartment because it's so arid here right now. Zero humidity, little to no rain fall. Not even the usual Seattle misty drizzle. Nada. Just purely blissful days of sunshine. Until yesterday. That's when the people started stinkin'. P. U. It wasn't even a real rain that required an umbrella. It was just sort of the kind that if you walked fast enough you could dodge the raindrops as they came down haphazardly. But, it was enough to get those not smart enough to come in out of the rain or walk fast enough to dodge the drops wet. And, of course, since it was "raining" everyone wanted to take the bus instead of walk. So, I got on the bus and immediately caught a big whiff of b.o.. Wet people b.o. Wet, steamy people on a standing room only with no windows open bus b.o. It made me a little sick, I must say. I think my senses were a little heightened since my balance has been off for the past week, but I don't think I'm exaggerating by too much. They stunk. Bad. Or badly. Whichever.
About my vertigo problem...as I said, I was on my way to the doctor when I got trapped on the B.O. Express. After a week of my brain spinning out of control every time I'd tilt my head the wrong way and missing work on Monday because I was too nauseous, I thought I'd better see someone. Turns out my ear is full of fluid which is what was causing the vertigo. I kind of knew that already, but it's nice to have it confirmed and be told what to do to fix it. I was sent packing with instructions to take real pseudoephedrine (the good stuff...the kind you have to ask the pharmacist for and sign your life away to prove you're not a meth maker in order to get), use Flonase and try Mucinex to dry up the fluid. If it doesn't clear up in a few days I'm supposed to go back because there are maneuvers the doctor can do to adjust the bones and cavities in my ear that would help release the trapped fluid. MANEUVERS? This is my ear we're talking about. Just the word maneuver implies some sort of tactical raid or a death defying move. Is my doctor going to suddenly become the A-Team if I return? Is B.A. Baracus (aka Mr. T) going to use pliers to pull my earlobe while Murdock goes in and sets a bomb off to clear a path? MANEUVERS. What a word!
We're okay...
-
I've failed to post since Christmas. Maybe I'll get around to posting that
yummy dessert recipe here soon...I'm sorry.
I just wanted to let what I'm sur...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment