Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton...

Oh, wait. I AM in the land of cotton.




I started teaching at Georgia Southern University this quarter because one of their interior design faculty members had to take an extended medical leave of abscence midway through the semester and as luck would have it, my SCAD ID Dept. Chair sent me the info and about a day later I was hired. GSU is in Statesboro, GA, about 45 minutes from my apartment. It's a very easy drive up the highway and I get to pass some very pretty large southern farm houses on my way into town. On my first trip up there my eyes popped out at the expansive seas of white on both sides of the road as I made my way into the city. Cotton fields surrounded me for at least a twenty minute stretch. While planting fields are nothing new to me (I'm from Indiana...corn and soybean fields galore!), I've never seen such a display of white.



Photos: Top: cotton ready to be harvested. Bottom: Cotton bolls ready to burst.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails