It's Tuesday, that means a new restaurant for lunch. Today my classmates and I went to Soho Cafe on Liberty St. (across from Mellow Mushroom) http://www.sohosouthcafe.com/. After pulling some aggressive defensive driving maneuvers to work our way around Savannah's one way streets in effort to park in what we thought was safe parking in the lot next to Soho's building, we were greeted by a highlighted sign reading "DO NOT park in the parking lot next door. Your car will be towed without warning" at the check in place to be seated. Strike one. Ran went to move her car while we waited for a table. Looking around, we saw lots of open tables even though the place was busy. Ok. We'll wait. Fifteen minutes later we were seated at a table that spun. Actually, the base stayed on the floor and the table top rotated freely whenever we touched it. And, even though we were in the room next to the entry door, our table was directly in line with the gush of cold air that came with each person coming or going. Strike two. Ran finally found her way back, only she had a cup of coffee in her hand upon return. She had to buy a drink to get coins to feed the parking meter three blocks away. Grrr...parking. Alas, it was time to order. Forty minutes later food was brought to our table. One of the orders was correct, the rest went back never to be seen again. Strike three. Twenty minutes later we all had our grilled sandwiches and could partake in our long awaited lunch. I must say, my grilled chicken panini sandwich with sundried tomato and basil mustard was quite tasty, but definately not worth the hassle or wait. We all decided that if Soho Cafe was on the menu in the future, we'd call in a to go order and hope that it's ready when it's time to pick it up.
We're okay...
-
I've failed to post since Christmas. Maybe I'll get around to posting that
yummy dessert recipe here soon...I'm sorry.
I just wanted to let what I'm sur...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment