Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chalk it up!


Yesterday was absolutely fantastic. I took a much needed mental health day off from homework to spend the day in the park. SCAD was holding its annual Sidewalk Arts Festival at Forsyth Park, the sun was shining bright, and the fresh air was calling my name so I meandered the chalked up footpaths for a few hours. The park was filled with people, dogs, music, and color--- it was full of life and merriment. What a nice treat for a Saturday afternoon.
Here are some of the entries from SCAD students and alumni. I wasn't there for the award ceremony so I don't know who got the big prizes (we're talking big money for art coming from a box of Crayola chalk...$1,000 for overall winner plus more large sums for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, top grad student, top undergrad student, and top sea life).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails