Saturday, May 9, 2009

Measure of a good birthday

Birthdays in Savannah are sort of a major holiday among my group of friends. All of us are away from our family and friends so we make sure to celebrate birthdays as each person's special day. On Thursday, my actual birthday, the Thursday Night Potluck Group treated me to a giant ball of flames that was my cake. Seriously, I was blinded by the the immense white light blazing atop the strawberry covered confection.
On Friday my sister sprang her surprise on me...Lunch for my friends and me at Back In The Day Bakery. YESSSS!!! Good call, Kelly! We were to be there at 12:30 where we found a tray of cupcakes and gift certificates waiting for us to cover our lunches. WHAT A TREAT!!! My sister says I'm impossible to buy for, but she hit the nail on the head with this one. Honestly, I'd rather have time with friends and family doing something fun as my gift rather than something that can fit in a box.

Lemon coconut, old fashion vanilla, and red velvet...five gold sprinkle stars for each kind! They were all so good I couldn't pick a favorite if I had to. (Okay, it's lemon coconut if you twisted my arm)

My classmates and friends, Ran and Ghazal, having a leisurly lunch on Bull Street in front of Back In The Day. Damned if people didn't say "Oh, what a nice Mother's Day treat" as they passed and oogled our tray of yummies. DAMMIT, I am not old enough to have daughters 33 and 27 years old!!!

A thank you for my Mom and sister...

Even Sua had a gift for me. He came jingle-belling into my room with Pink Ball, his favorite ball, and dropped it at my feet. Oh sure, there was a game of fetch in it for him, but I think he was doing it as a nice gesture for my birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that your sister did an excellent job with the birthday suprise!!!

PS. Your friends are so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails