Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mid-term update

Originally Posted:
Sunday, July 15, 2007

6:08:00 PM CDT

Hearing CSI on the internet...anything to stay awake doing homework at school



Hola mi amigos!


I don't have anything new and exciting to report. Summer has been exceptionally calm compared to my spring quarter. And now that I've moved, I've run out of people to gripe about. Oh! Hold on! No, I haven't. The person on the top of my list right now is my Revit teacher. Since the first day of class he's been a big ol'pain in the butt, and last week I told him what I thought. I didn't think he listened at all because he did his usual defensive excuses routine, but then the next night in class he was going out of his way to offer help and answer questions. Do do, do do, do do, do do--- it was a little Twilight Zone-ish with him being helpful and all.
My lighting class went on a field trip to Cooper Lighting just outside of Atlanta on Friday. It was well worth the four hour up/ four hour back trip. I'll have to get the pictures from Khyati because my camera conked out and I've got to get a new one. Anywho, it was a great learning tour as well as a much needed break from the daily grind of going to my
internship on Fridays.

Thursday night my neighbors Kat and Don had their friends over. I volunteered my room to hold the gathering since it's more suited to host six or eight people for dinner. I really needed that night off school too. I can't tell you what going to school 24/7 does to a person's psyche. Okay, I'm not physically in class 24/7, but every waking moment I'm not in class is spent doing homework. Anywho- the conversation of the evening turned to comparing vacation days among all the countries we had represented in my room. Did you know that some businesses in Korea give women one extra day a month off for "that special day?" Seriously. Yea, I know, I thought the same thing--- is every woman in Korea on the pill so they can schedule their "special day" off ahead of time or is it a call in thing? What else? Oh yea, Singaporeans used to call Caucasians "Red headed demons" because when they first saw white folks they thought their skin was white as a ghost and compared to the naturally black hair of Asians, Caucasians had what they considered to be red hair. And last but not least, Kat is envious because Caucasians have awnings over our eyes to protect our eyeballs from sunlight. Huh? She went onto explain how much more comfortable we look with those shelters (--- our brows!---) to provide shade. It was excellent evening of laughing and sharing.


I'm at the five-week mark here at SCAD which means I've got five more weeks to go after this week. Summer is flying by and I haven't even got to enjoy it by going to the beach. Of course, I'm a little leery of exposing my formerly sun-poisoned areas to the sun because I don't want to go through the rash/itching/peeling again. No thanks. I'll be white this year.
Enough for now---

Later-Tracy

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails