
After my sweaty morning of filling a dumpster I returned home to take a catnap before going back to school for another late night of working on my thesis project. I found a box waiting for me on the kitchen counter and couldn't wait to see what was in the care package my mom and sister sent for my birthday which is tomorrow. I opened it to find the cutest little knitted cupcake made by my sister accompanied by the most appropriate card ever. I love it!
(Click on the picture for a bigger image. The card reads: Oh, sweet birthday pleasure. Thy name is cupcake. Happy Birthday)
Can't wait until Friday when I'm supposed to get an email from my sister telling me and my friends what's in store for our afternoon treat and where to find it. My birthday present from Mom and Kelly is a surprise until then.
2 comments:
I hope you had a great birthday!!
You are going to have to get the knit pattern for that cupcake for me from your sister. I love it!!
Happy birthday!
Ali,
I was told that before she stuck the candle in it, my "cupcake" looked more like "that certain part of a male's anatomy," as the commercial says. And with the sprinkles on top it turned into Spotted Dick (an English dessert)!!
I didn't think of any of that when I first opened it. It was just a cupcake to me. My sister, Sigmund Freud, has ruined cupcakes for me now!!! (Just kidding! There's no ruining cupcakes for me unless it's one of those meatloaf cakes coated with mashed potato "frosting". That'll do it right there. BLEH!)
Anyway...I'll have her send the pattern.
Thanks for the birthday wishes!!
Post a Comment