Thursday, September 25, 2008

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate

Originally Posted:

Sunday, February 11, 2007

7:51:00 PM CST

Feeling Loopy

I. AM. IN. CHOCOLATE. SHOCK.


Sheila, a co-faculty member, passed the oral part of her thesis defense on Friday so I treated her to a celebration of chocolate galore at a chocolate festival fundraiser today. There were chocolate cookies, chocolate brownies, many varieties of chocolate ice cream, white chocolate bread pudding, chocolate cake, hot chocolate, chocolate pies, chocolate candies and just about anything else chocolate. You could go around the room and pick up little tester serving cups and try it all. You would think that a whole meal of chocolate goodies would begin to taste alike but, surprisingly, everything had a distinct taste--- which I got my fill. I never thought I'd meet a chocolate confection that I didn't like, but that's not true. After today, I've turned into a chocolate snob. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Entertainment of the day came in the many forms of boobs that were in attendance. There were pointy ones, droopy ones, ones tucked into armpit high pants and one giant one singing in the corner. The "real" entertainment provided by the organization sponsoring the event was a guy who had a keyboard, a guitar, a microphone, a music stand with lyrics so he could read along to the songs, a cowboy hat as a prop, and a very off-key voice. He absolutely butchered every song he sang. We began playing name that tune to see if we could guess what he was trying to belt out. He won. We couldn't guess a lot of them because his renditions were sooooo bad :-) We were laughing so hard from it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails