Originally Posted:
Monday, April 9, 2007
11:57:00 AM CDT
Feeling Frustrated
Dear Mr. Gates,
I only have a minute to write this letter because I've wasted my entire morning trying to get used to Windows Vista and Microsoft Office 2007. Good God, man, what have you done!?!?! You have rocked my world in such a bad way. I was so excited to receive my brand spanking new computer last week but its been nothing but heartache since first powering it up. It's not the hardware that's giving me grief....no, Dell did nothing wrong. It's you and your "let's mess with a good thing" crack team of software designers that in their infinite wisdom of trying to make life easier for computers users did they totally get this one wrong. I seem to recall a certain soda bottling company that went from its "old" formula to a "new" one only to find out that "New Coke" was not all that and that tried and true "Old Coke" is still the favorite. Bill, Bill, Bill (shaking my head). I hate to be the one to break this to you, but New Windows Vista is not all that. I could go on about all the things I've had to change in the settings and how much time it's taken me to customize my computer so I can find my precious documents once again, but that's not what has me so up in arms. No, it's the fact that you've totally changed Microsoft Office. That's the straw that broke the camel's back. I can't figure out how to change the page set up! Come on, Bill. Sure the new screen looks pretty, but pretty doesn't pay the bills (or get my work done for that matter).
I've run out of time to keep ranting. Lucky for you.
Resistant to change,
Tracy
No comments:
Post a Comment