Originally Posted:
Sunday, July 20, 2008
1:51:00 PM CDT
Feeling Silly
Hearing Chatter from Monsoon restaurant across the street
This is it...my two contenders for best cupcakes have squared off and we have a winner!
Round One went to Cupcake Royale in Ballard for its moxie filled cupcake eatery. The cupcakes looked homemade, which they are, the icing was thick enough to be scooped with your finger for the first lick (always important in a taste test), and the cupcakes themselves had good flavor.
However....
Round Two went to Trophy Cupcake in Wallingford. It's located in a large old school house converted into a small boutique shopping center. While Cupcake Royale is the bad girl of cupcakes with it's edgy bumper stickers and cafe style establishment, Trophy is it's sweet, vintage bakery sister. The cupcakes are presented in homemade fashion, but they are definitely more dainty and delicate looking than Royale's. The sprinkles were perfect...not too many, but not scrimpy and often topped with a special sprinkle at the peak. Trophy's flavors were traditional, while Royale went outside the the cupcake liner with flavors like orange and lavender. But, what it comes down to is taste. And I must say, that....
TROPHY CUPCAKES ARE THE BEST CUPAKES I'VE EVER HAD!
So, there you have it. Hands down, Trophy knocks the socks off of Royale. Trophy wins the trophy. (Hmmmm....how could they have known to name their company that???)
However, I don't want to be a cupcake snob, so if I'm faced with eating a cupcake from Royale, I won't turn it down and I'll always support their cause: Legalize Frostitution!
http://www.cupcakeroyale.com/
http://www.trophycupcakes.com/
This entry has 2 comments:
#2 Comment from tracypace
7/20/08 9:41 PM
No worries...Mom and Beth will be able to tell you just how good they really are! Just kidding! I asked if they shipped cupcakes because I was going to send you two some right then and there, but they don't ship. Something about maintaining the integrity of the quality of their cupcakes and to keep the ingredients fresh. Blah, blah, blah. Soooo, I thought, "Hmpf! I managed to cart back a birthday cake and cupcakes from Harrod's in London, make it through customs and get them back to Indiana in perfect condition, surely I can make it from Seattle." So, on the last night I'm here, I'm going to run up to Wallingford and get some cupcakes to bring home.
Integrity, schmntegrity...there are cupcakes to be shared! (The world's best cupcakes, I might add.)
#1 Comment from kp627
7/20/08 6:58 PM
Judy and Kelly need to test some of those tasty treats to decide which one is the winner!!!! (Hint, hint!!!) We're literally drooling!Pace Girls #1 and 2

No comments:
Post a Comment