Thursday, September 25, 2008

The F-Bomb

Originally Posted:
Friday, April 20, 2007

12:34:00 PM CDT
Feeling Frustrated
Hearing Jack Johnson...calm music

Yesterday was D-Day for the fleas. We Flea-bombed the house in the morning and when I got home from school around 6 pm everything was looking good and the house didn't even stink like pesticide. My neighbors were busy mopping and disinfecting their rooms and the common areas so I got to work doing the same in my room. In an hour I was able to put my room back together and life was back to "normal." Well...do you know what happens when you bomb for one type of bug? Yea, that's right, all the other bugs in the house run for their lives. In the time it took me to enter the bathroom, brush my teeth, and exit the bathroom last night, a GINORMOUS cockroach crawled to the threshold of the bathroom door, rolled over, and kicked the bucket. ACKKKKKK!!!! I thought to myself, "F-me. I can't get rid of that thing because it's still flinching." So I put a disposable plastic cup on it to contain it so it won't A. crawl off by itself in one last ditch effort to die in peace or B. be carried off by who knows what else. My revitalized flea-free happy life in my orange room was short lived. Now I have to be on the lookout for other, larger, more disgusting invaders. Of course, being an optimist, I was also telling myself that it's just one roach. No biggee. My denial lasted until this morning....I got up with the same allergy headache, itchy eyes and earache that I've been suffering from all week, sat down at my desk to eat breakfast, looked over to see the Roach King's Twin crawling up the curtain right in back of my bed. I stopped dead in my tracks. The only thing I could do was freeze and shriek, "OH EFFING HELL!!!!" Big ACCCCCKKKKKKKKK. I swung into action with my only defense...another disposable cup to capture the vile intruder.


This is it. I've reached my breaking point. This quarter has SUCKED so far. Each week I thought it was getting better, but each week something new gets added to the compounding list of things gone wrong. Between my infested hovel, my allergies which are making me feel absolutely miserable, crap going on at WKU, and the frustrations of school, I've hit my max. I'm going to the beach for an hour then I'm going to school to do homework. Maybe an hour of ocean breezes will fix me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails