Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Give me sand, lots of sand, and the sunny skies above. Don't fence me in...

Thursday, July 27, 2006

7:47:00 PM CDT

Feeling Chillin'

Hearing The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Give me sand, lots of sand, and the sunny skies above. Don't fence me in...


That's how the song goes, doesn't it? Give me land, lots of land, and the starry skies above? Nooo. That can't be right. My version is so much better. I've been singing it to myself all day.


Kat and I went to the beach at Tybee Island for a couple hours today. The temperature hit 100 degrees here so the beach seemed like the best place to be. It's amazing how a place twenty minutes away can seem like a whole world away and how two hours can seem like an eternity (in a good way). I'm still in a state of zen from a relaxing day of letting the ocean waves hit me as I sat in my beach chair which kept sinking in the sand every time tide water hit the shore and pulled the sand with it as the waves returned to the sea.


The ocean water here is not as clear as what I am used to in the gulf coast of Florida, so keeping up with all the sea creatures in the immediate vicinity is a bit of a challenge. At one point, as we were standing in waist deep water, about ten sting rays passed by. I wanted to pet them like the ones at the Chattanooga Aquarium, but I was not sure if they would bite so I opted to stay the heck out of the way and not be the featured story on When Animals Attack.


The beach started to get too hot (I'm confidant that if you stood in one place for more than thirty seconds your feet would blister from the searing heat of the sand and seeing that I am a delicate flower and all, every step on the non-wet sand was killing me.), so we decided to leave, check out the rest of the island and find the place Kat's friend works. We never found her friend, but we did find a precious gem in the way of Yard Art. We HAD to double back to get a photo because some things just cannot be described in words. I can't, I shan't, I mustn't not share these things! It's my duty to comment on such oddities. It's what I do best!!!




This entry has 5 comments:


#5 Comment from tracypace

7/30/06 10:10 AM

A dinosaur? No, that wouldn't fit in our yard at all. It's not the right motif for our nature perserve. A VOLCANO, however, would be!!! Thanks to inspiration from dino and a trip to Lowe's with Elan and Adam, I now know how to construct a volcano. It's all about this stuff called "Great Stuff." Seriously, that's the name on the spray can. It's expandable foam that comes in aersoal form and can be shaped and molded before it dries.Don't worry--- I won't be building a volcano any time soon. I like your idea about what to do with the former Halloween tree site.

#4 Comment from kp627

7/30/06 8:28 AM


Pace Girl #3, don't EVEN think you're gonna try and recreate that yard art in our yard! Pace Girl #2 :-)

#3 Comment from tracypace

7/27/06 8:20 PM


I ran out to my car to get my atlas to find Jekell Island on the map and I found your message waiting when I got back. I'm ready to go! You name the day and I'll smuggle some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches out of the Mess Hall for the road trip!


#2 Comment from menaughtykat

7/27/06 8:11 PM


Oh and I just added your blog-site on my yahoo 360, you might have even more viewers now..I'm proud to be your first commentor on your blog..heehee!


#1 Comment from menaughtykat

7/27/06 8:09 PM


I had such a wonderous time, after all my boring days of seeing the four walls of my rented room. You're really like the lifeline for me. I'm going to try and see if we could go to Jekyll Island next :). And oh yeah, you need to sign in as aol member before you can comment...I got prompted. So you probably have loads of friends and family looking at your blog afterall...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails