Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy 40th Birthday Kelly!

Originally Posted:
Friday, June 20, 2008

1:01:00 PM CDT

Hearing ABBA and Ryan Adams...How did I mix them together in one playlist on my iPod?






I said I was going to have to go backwards in updating the events of the past few weeks, so here goes...

Actual Date of Party: June 7

During my two week break between SCAD and leaving for Seattle, Mom and I threw Kelly a surprise 40th birthday party. Well, at least it was supposed to be a surprise. We were not sure if she knew or not while we were working on it, but she's since given up little tid-bits that she was tipped off. It's impossible to have a surprise party that's really a surprise.

The theme was "Kelly's Reel Life: 40 Years of Comedy, Drama, Adventure and Horror." I made scrapbook pages with pictures of her labeled with movie titles and put them on the tables as centerpieces. The big hit of the night was the picture of Mom holding Kelly when she was a few months old. Mom was wearing a black and white polka dot outfit, but the thing that got everyone was how high Mom's hair was. HA! They haven't seen anything!!! That was during her 1' wiglet phase. Little do they know that by the time I arrived, Mom's updo had reached epic heights of 2-3 feet tall!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails