Originally Posted:
Saturday, April 28, 2007
8:25:00 PM CDT
Feeling Happy
Hearing The whir of my room fan
I took a much needed fresh air and sunshine break today to spend a few hours at SCAD's annual Sidewalk Arts Festival at Forsyth Park. Kat, Don, Joy and I headed to the park around 11 am when the event got started. I had so much fun watching people (individuals and teams) go to town creating temporary works of art on concrete. There were definitely some seasoned veterans in among the participants--- people brought knee pads, lots of paint brushes, buckets of water for painting the chalk on, iPods with speakers, full size cartoon images of what they plan to draw, stencils, rubber gloves, and kitchen graters for grinding the chalk into powder for painting. I think the only thing most people forgot to bring was something to clean themselves up with. Some people look like they rolled over their finished pieces to pack the chalk in because they were so covered in chalk. Kat and Don decided to join the fun by chalking their own square. I was so tempted but I wasn't prepared to be creative on demand and also get chalk all over me. Even though I didn't get my hands dirty, I did participate. I passed by a guy working on his and asked what he was going to do next. He said that he didn't know because he was making it up as he went along. Okay- Put me in it! So, he did!!! The finished image doesn't look much like me, other than the big hair, but I know it's me.
Check out the pho-toe.
We're okay...
-
I've failed to post since Christmas. Maybe I'll get around to posting that
yummy dessert recipe here soon...I'm sorry.
I just wanted to let what I'm sur...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment