Originally Posted:
Sunday, August 24, 2008
3:02:00 PM CDT
Feeling Indifferent
Hearing Madonna
I'm just killing time right now. The day hasn't really worked out as planned, and now I'm left with an hour to do nothing with.
I'm leaving Seattle today. This evening actually. I have an 8 pm flight headed home. I reserved today to finish cleaning up my summer sub-let apartment and run any "can't leave Seattle without going here one more time" errands. Well, so far I've only halfway accomplished one of those two. I woke up at 8 am, did a load of dishes in the dishwasher and hand washed the extra pieces that wouldn't fit in the tiny machine. I then stuck my head under the sink cabinet in search of some floor cleaner so I could mop the kitchen and bathroom floors. GUSH! That's when the standing water under the cabinet came flooding out at my feet. What the heck? I started pulling plastic cleaner bottles, the recycling bin, the trash can, and the cardboard box with car cleaning stuff in it out only to find that the bottom of cardboard box had disintegrated from the water. How long had this been going on? After cleaning up the watery mess, which I was very lucky because all the water was clear and had some soap suds which tells me that this overflow had just happened from my morning's chores, I did some investigating of the drain pipes. I have a feeling that when the new dishwasher was installed the second week I was here, that the drain pipe connected to the sink was dislodged because that's where this disconnect was. When I ran the sink most of the water was going into the pipe, but a little was leaking out at the same time. I called the guy I'm renting the apartment from and he said that the pipe occasionally comes apart and that, yes, it most likely happened when the dishwasher was installed. Whew! That would have really stunk to have lived here all summer and on the last day broken something!!
The minor catatrostphe of the morning set me back about an hour which has now thrown off my whole day. I threw a load of laundry in the washer, ran down to Tully’s to get a bite of quiche and a smoothie, ran back to put the laundry in the dryer and then finished dusting and vacuuming. That's where I'm at right now, waiting on laundry to dry so I can fold it, pack it (where, I don't know!?!? My bags are STUFFED as it is. I may be carrying a backpack full of socks and underwear with my computer on the plane tonight!), and then head out to do whatever it is that I'm going to do with my last few hours here.
Okay. Laundry should be done. I'm out! Later!!
We're okay...
-
I've failed to post since Christmas. Maybe I'll get around to posting that
yummy dessert recipe here soon...I'm sorry.
I just wanted to let what I'm sur...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment