Originally Posted:
Sunday, June 29, 2008
10:40:00 PM CDT
Feeling Relaxed
After the eye opening start to my day, I found myself hot, feeling sun burned, and not really ready to go back home. Time for something that's less of a sensory overload--- time to go to the Japanese Garden.
With throngs of people descending upon downtown and others heading to the beach, the buses were crazy packed and getting help from the bus driver was next to impossible. So, of course, I missed my stop to the Garden and got off at the wrong place. Crap. Now I have to walk up a big hill or two to find where I should have gotten off. So I hoofed it to the park, which hadn't it been 89 degrees, would not have been too bad, but the sun was beating down and by now I'd actually seen myself in the mirror--- my nose and forehead were red as a beet with a sunburn. No fun! THEN I had to walk through the arboretum to get to the garden. Even less fun! I've realized that when you ride the bus, you have to do a lot of walking to get to the place that you are going to do a lot of walking at. So, finally I made it to the garden, and it was so peaceful and relaxing. It was not large at all and I'll admit thinking to myself, "I walked all that way for this?" but in the end I enjoyed it.
When I got home I realized just how messed up my tan lines really are now. I've got a farmer's tan on my arms, an asymmetrical "v" at my neck, my nose and forehead have the distinct outline of sunglasses and my legs have nothing to show for the day other than some new muscles building up. This is not good!
No comments:
Post a Comment