Originally Posted:
Sunday, June 29, 2008
10:21:00 PM CDT
Feeling Silly
Today was....
Today was...how should I describe it...
Today was...different.
My fellow intern, Jody, and her friend from college also interning in Seattle this summer, Emma, and I met downtown to go to a parade this morning. It wasn't just any parade, it was the Pride parade (as in gay pride). A BIG to-do in Seattle apparently. Based on my coworkers' social descriptions of things to do/see, if there is a parade or a fair in the summer, all of Seattle comes out for it, and this was no exception. Most of downtown was blocked off for the parade and people were lined up ten people deep for miles down the street. We found a good spot to stand for the next three hours (yes, THREE hours!) and waited for the festivities to begin.Oh my! Was it ever ALL on parade! It started with a marching band, city officials, the governor (who is openly gay), city works vehicles, and so on. Then the more racy entries started showing up. You'll just have to see the pictures for yourself... (warning...some R rated photos)
We're okay...
-
I've failed to post since Christmas. Maybe I'll get around to posting that
yummy dessert recipe here soon...I'm sorry.
I just wanted to let what I'm sur...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment