Friday, September 26, 2008

Seattle Or Bust!!!!!!!!!! BIG BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted:
Monday, April 7, 2008
3:07:00 PM CDT
Feeling Ecstatic
Hearing John Mayer...Say What You Need To Say (okay, I will...here goes...)



This JUST in (literally...this news is, like, 10 minutes old)...I'm so freaking excited!!!!


I've been holding out on posting this because I didn't want to jinx myself, but I applied for a scholarship/internship with Callision in Seattle, WA and I just found out that I WON!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the deal... On the first day of classes (March 24) I saw a sign posted on the message board in Eichburg Hall (my building) for a scholarship/internship from Callison. The sign said that a personal statement, letter of recommendation, transcripts, and portfolio was due on Friday, March 24. Okay, wrong date. Or wrong day. Which was it because Monday was the 24th. So, I called to see if it was too late to submit an application and the contact listed was no longer with the company. All right, I'm two-for-two on the confusion board now. The guy who is now the contact returned my call on Wednesday, March 26 and told me that he'd still accept my application if I could get everything together by Friday, March 28. I pulled together all that I could on short notice and emailed everything to him Thursday night. On Tuesday, April 1 I received a phone call from him letting me know that I was a finalist in the competition and that I would have a phone interview with the Director of Design and Senior Project Manager on Friday. Mind you, I took this phone call on April 1...April Fool's Day, and the irony was not lost on me. Was I getting my hopes up for nothing? Was life playing an April Fool's joke on me? HECK NO! I had the phone interview on Friday while I was at SCAD's career fair earning required extracurricular activity points for my classes and it went really, really well. That brings us to today......I just to a phone call from the scholarship contact letting me know that I won! YIPPEEEE!!!

In short, I'll have a paid internship with the US's 3rd largest architecture and design firm (600 employees), $2,500 for living expenses while in Seattle, and receive a $4,000 scholarship toward my classes at SCAD.

I am beside myself with excitement!!!!

1 comment:

Me Naughty Kat ---- said...

I was really ecstatic for you too! You deserve it, Tracy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails