Friday, September 26, 2008

You'd think all we do here is eat...Potlucks, Poolside Parties and Inside Picnics

Originally Posted:
Wednesday, May 14, 2008

2:35:00 PM CDT
Feeling Chillin'
Hearing Beethoven - Storioni Trio - `Ghost' Trio No. 5 - Finale





Looking at all my pictures, it does look like we spend A LOT of time eating and socializing here in Slowvannah. Actually, that's not the case at all. I'm not eating or socializing right now. Nope. I'm at the student center typing my fingers off. I was at Eichberg hiding in the small computer lab that feeds into the architectural studios but the arch undergrads are so damn loud and obnoxious that the great rhythm I had was totally broken and I was left with no choice but to relocate myself to quieter pastures. So, here I am in Pleasantville now. SCAD's student center is my favorite place to work. You get your own Resolve workstation, plenty of room to spread out, lots of natural lighting balanced with continually changing interior lights, a comfy desk chair, and most importantly, peace and quiet. Ahhhhh....listen................silence...........ahhhhhhh.

Anyway, back to all my food pictures. It's not that we have parties and potlucks all the time, it's just that when we all work so hard during the regular school week that it's nice to give ourselves a treat every so often of a good meal and a little relaxation time which doesn't last more than a couple of hours before the guilt starts setting in and the realities of school come crashing in on our psyche. Last week was a little bit different than usual because, in addition to the weekly potluck, we celebrated my birthday, took a couple hours for a poolside picnic at Ran's apartment on Friday, and then Kat and Don came over to have an inside picnic with Elan and me. I was in charge of cooking...that meant KFC! Elan was aghast at the thought of serving fast food for guests, so I got off the bad hostess hook by explaining to him that we were having an indoor picnic and that a bucket of the Colonel's finest was haute cuisine for such and occasion. And, the table cloth was red and while gingham print so that proved my point...picnic food was in order :-) Kat and Don got there at 7:30 pm and left at 2 am...my gosh, we had a lot to chat about! Don was interested in seeing Elan's sculpture works which was funny because before I knew it, Elan had the wolf hide and the armadillo out showing them off. Boys will be boys. Kat shared that their house in Singapore has a bomb shelter (standard with all houses in Singapore) that Don has turned into a library for books and toys and gadgets. I feel ya Kat. I call that part of the apartment I share with Elan "the dining room."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails