This is one of the most self-assure men I've ever met (verging on the side of cocky).
1. Be so critical of yourself and your designs that you tell yourself no until you free yourself of all the conventional ideas so you can get to the best ones
2. Design for the process. What does the client NEED
3. Louisville ground breaking...silver plated hat
4. Don't think in terms of architecture. Think like a sociologist, a chemist, a philsopher...think smart and differently! DEFEND your ideas.
5. Don't cry when your ideas are critiqued, criticized and ripped to shreds. Your ideas are not YOU. Don't be so invested in your ideas that you will not allow them to change and evolve (the good ones. The bad ones go in the trash!).
6. In today's unstable economy and sure-fire downsizing of firms, be able to reinvent yourself. Ironically, this was discussed in the exact same terms just hours before in my studio class. And who said it? ME! Yes, that's right, almost word for word I said the same things Ramos said tonight to my classmates this afternoon. Actually, my discussion was based on doing my thesis on the state of the times and how the A & D world, interior designers specifically, are going to have to reinvent themselves to make a market for themselves to sustain their careers.
We're okay...
-
I've failed to post since Christmas. Maybe I'll get around to posting that
yummy dessert recipe here soon...I'm sorry.
I just wanted to let what I'm sur...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment