Since SCAD let out for winter break the week before Thanksgiving and Georgia Southern takes the whole week off for the holiday, I had a free week to myself. Originally my mom and sister were going to come to Savannah for Thanksgiving, but plans changed at the last minute and I ended up flying home. Within twenty-four hours of my arrival, my mom had already put me to work baking gingerbread men ornaments for her upcoming craft show. I churned out 187 of the little brown men to be exact. For those of you who know me, you know I don't like craft shows and try to avoid crafty scenarios for the most part (except scrapbooking), but I like baking so that was my contribution to Mom's little project. I've got to earn my keep somehow.

This year we had a new face join us for our annual Thanksgiving get together. His name is Eddie The Cat. Actually, it's Eddie The Kitty right now. He's the most adorable, sweet little kitten with paws like a catcher's mitt. He's a "Hemmingway" type of cat that has six toes on each paw rather than five. He uses the extra claw like a thumb when he grasps things. Most cats can't say that they "grasp things" but lil' four month old Eddie can. He's like an NBA player of cats with those supersized paws.
Somehow my suitcase turned into a rolling pantry for the trip back to Savannah. If I would have carried my luggage onto the plane and been picked to have my luggage searched at the check-in point, I would have gotten some strange glances. I had a skillet, utensils, cookie cutters, and cookie ingredients layered between my clothes. The cookie stuff was for me and the cookware was for my roommate's birthday (he likes to cook). I swear, one day I will not be living like a gypsy!
No comments:
Post a Comment