Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

This should have been posted on January 18, 2009.

Our Asian friends treated us to a Chinese New Year celebration. I wish I could have tasted all the traditional dishes they made, but I can't risk eatting Chinese food if I don't know what's in it (MSG makes me deathly ill). They were so kind to share their event with us that I didn't want to offend anyone so I made a meal out of a few bites of fish and an orange.

I don't know how I take such good group pictures using a self-timer, but somehow it always works.

Lu with his fish with faces dish. I normally avoid meat in it's original, natural packaging, but I have to admit, Lu's fish was delicious. I learned that the fish, when served whole, represents happiness and prosperity.

Every man, woman, and child for themselves.

Bharathi showing off her juggling ability. Wait. Does two oranges a juggler make? I think not. Come on, Bharathi, go for three with a plate spinning on your head. And besides, do you really think you should be playing with the symbols of wealth and good fortune like that?







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails