I think I’m experiencing the calm after the storm, or at least I’m hoping it’s not the other way around and the worst is over. It’s now 9:30 pm on Monday, May 25, 2009. That means in less than three days my official Master of Fine Arts degree courses will be DONE and my “education” at SCAD concluded!!! Of course, that also means that I have less than three days to finish everything that needs to be completed and submitted to the library archives. Some days are more productive than others around here depending on how wired up the architecture students and damn undergraduates are. I say damn undergrads because they think the world revolves around them and, boy, do they get really pissy about things not going their way. They throw big temper tantrums if there's not a computer for them right next to their friend, if the graduate students have claimed more than one computer to use for digital rendering, if they think their professor is too demanding, blah, blah, blah. Boo freaking hoo. Cry me a river.
Although I'm quite calm, this is where I'm at right now. I'm typing all the words that my mind will string together, and then the well runs dry. As you can see from the yellow highlighted HELP! typed right in the middle of my paper, not only is the well of my mind dry, it must be in the desert too. I've got nothing. And yet all I can do is type a silent cry for help to myself. The words will come, I have no doubt. It's just a matter of when. WHEN?

No comments:
Post a Comment