Originally Posted:
Saturday, May 26, 2007
1:36:00 PM CDT
Feeling Happy
Hearing It's an 80s Music Weekend...yeah me!!!!
This planet is way too small! The funniest thing just happened....I am working in my usual spot today (Second row of Eichberg's second floor computer lab) when this girl sitting next to me, Amy Burke, who had the "I've been here all night look" about her, closes her cell phone after listening to a message and out loud to herself exhaled loudly and said, "Unbelievable." I turned my head and smirked. She then proceeded to tell me that she posted her resume on Monster.com and that an insurance company left her a message about the resume, which good if she wasn't looking for an interior design position! So then I asked what area of the country she is looking at just to make small talk and acknowledge her frustration. Her family is from the north east, but their primary house is in North Carolina so she's trying to find a position around the NC area. We then got into jobs and being non-traditional students--- she formerly worked in the advertising business and decided that it was too intense and cut-throat so she chucked it all to go back to school. I told her I teach at WKU and that's when it all started falling together. She did her undergrad work at WKU and graduated in 1994. NO WAY! I graduated from WKU in 1994 too? Where did you live? Potter, Bates and Central. NO WAY! I lived in Central too! Which floor? 2nd, I think. NO WAY! I lived on the 3rd floor until I moved to Rock Creek apartments my senior year! NO WAY! She dated a guy that lived a building over from me in Rock Creek. Did you go to the Preston Center? Oh, yea, I spent a LOT of time there! NO WAY! Me too, usually later in the evening! NO WAY! Me too! And that's how the conversation continued...What a trip!!! To be working on homework in the same computer lab at SCAD in Savannah, GA right next to a girl that some 17-13 years ago walked the same campus, lived in the same building, and hung out in the same places as me is such a coincidence. I really do believe in the whole 6 degrees theory.
Mental break is over---- back to rendering.
No comments:
Post a Comment